This research—usually conducted over one or two days at a hotel or research facility—is useful for clients who need extensive feedback on case themes and answers to their key strategic questions.
- For a “typical” theme testing research, we will recruit and carefully screen surrogate jurors (“jurors”) from the venue or a matched venue.
- Jurors will answer a series of initial questions about their demographics and about beliefs related to the case.
- They then hear argumentative attorney presentations of the plaintiff and defense sides of the case.
- During these presentations, jurors rate the persuasiveness of the arguments they hear using state-of-the-art handheld devices. The results of this rating will be displayed instantly in a separate viewing room.
- Following the presentations and witness testimony, jurors are divided into deliberating groups and these groups deliberate to a verdict. These groups are then debriefed by EDGE consultants about issues of concern to the client and trial team.
- We will analyze all the data collected and prepare a report detailing how jurors are likely to process key case issues and describing specific strategic ideas for how to capitalize on case strengths and address case vulnerabilities.